Monday, August 12, 2013

running on empty.

Greetings from Ohio, friends!

I haven't posted anything in a bit...as many of you know, Logan, Max, and myself are now in Ohio! So I am coming to you live from my comfy living room...a work in progress, but that feels so much like my home, it's simply incredible.

We made it here in one piece, surprisingly...and for only being here for three full days now, I kind of can't believe the progress that we've made on this place. I truly have our friends and family to thank for this. I can't believe how lucky Logan and I are to have individuals in our lives who would voluntarily help us pack, help us pack up a u-haul, drive said u-haul, help us unpack the u-haul, help us unpack our new apartment (including hanging the insane amount of art we own), and most importantly be there as the greatest support system (here and back home) that two people could ever ask for.  As we said our final "see you guys soon," and the final tears were shed I'm left running on empty. When I say running on empty, I don't necessarily mean that I feel completely finished. I feel like that tank of gas that has lasted you for two weeks...it is quite bittersweet. It's that feeling of sheer tiredness due to the fact that you've been running full force for the past two weeks non- stop, and your body is saying "stop already"...yet I feel full of life and happiness...thankfulness really.

It's hard to be so far away from the ones you love. I don't think that it has hit me that we won't be able to see everyone this coming weekend, and I think that sadness will hit. However, I can't help but to feel that what I'm doing is right.  Although I can't completely speak for Logan, I think that he feels the same way. I was talking to my mom on the phone on my drive up here and we really talked about all of this. I told her that I knew that what we were doing was a good thing because after I had said my "see you soon's," I no longer felt that dread. I couldn't help but to feel excited and feel everyone's support running through my veins. I knew that if this were a mistake that I would have felt miserable the entire drive up there. Instead, as I sit here tonight, missing everyone, I know that it will all be okay.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying making our new apartment our home. Logan has been such a good sport about all the countless hours of shopping in Target...I'm a lucky gal. Even though we still have two rooms left to unpack, I'm feeling pretty good about everything. I'm so happy that I feel so in my "element" here...not just in this apartment, but in this town...this area...I am lucky...REPEAT...lucky.

I can't wait to share pictures with you all of how things look...talk about life here so far...you know...the whole nine yards. Hopefully these will come later this week, before things get really hectic with school orientation...blah blah blah.

Love and positivity to you folks out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment